Thursday 20 December 2012

DIY studded vest

A little project to share with you guys ^.^

So I recently decided to get a little creative and make myself a studded vest. I love the way it turned out and have decided to share everything with you!

You will need:

1- A denim vest; you could easily go to any thrift shop and find a vest or even a denim jacket and cut off the sleeves :)
2- Studs! Which you could probably find in a craft shop, or even ebay for a really good price if you don't mind the wait.

What I did:
The process is very easy, the main thing is to know exactly what you're aiming for. For example, I started with embellishing the collar of my vest a little:


At first my plan was to stud the entire collar, but after having only put ten on each side, I really liked the look of it and decided to use the remainder for the back of the vest to create a studded cross.
To make sure the cross was straight and even, I first drew it out with pencil onto the material before adding the studs:


Finished product:



Well, that's all there is to it. It was pretty fun, and I'm very happy with the end result; it's definitely inspired me to do more fun projects like this ^.^


No comments:

Post a Comment